JUDGING & CHAMPION AWARDACBF Honors Excellence
Each year the ACBF also selects a recipient for our Champion Award. This award honors an individual or organization that has provided extraordinary support of the ACBF and /or has made a significant contribution to the Colorado brewing industry.
Brews Brothers of the Pikes Peak Region Named 2018 Champion Award Winner
The 2018 Champion Award winner is the Brews Brothers of the Pikes Peak Region. The Brews Brothers have operated the judging event at the All Colorado Beer Festival for seven years. This part of the festival offers brewers a chance to have their beers judged by professional beer judges at no cost. Thank you Brews Brothers for your support of the ACBF.
Each year, the ACBF conducts a formal judging of beers submitted by our brewers. In 2018, we judged 14 categories and awarded gold, silver, and bronze medals in each category. We also awarded a best of show medal.
2018 Medal Winners
Best of Show: Oskar Blues Brewery — G’Knight Imperial Red Ale
English Pale & Brown Ales and Porters
- Gold: Resolute Brewing Co. — Resolute Porter
- Silver: Iron Bird Brewing Co. — Brown Badger ESB
- Bronze: Brass Brewing — Sick Call Ranger ESB
- Gold: Tivoli Brewing Co. — Bohemian Girl Pilsner
- Silver: Durango Brewing Co. — Durango Dark Lager
- Bronze: Durango Brewing Co. — Durango Southwest Lager
Bocks, Scottish & Irish Ales
- Gold: AC Golden Brewing Co. — Colorado Native Winterfest
- Silver: Goat Patch Brewing Co. — It Takes A Tribe Red Ale
- Bronze: Florence Brewing Co. — Ye’ Old Irish
Hybrid, German Wheat & Rye Beers
- Gold: Great Divide Brewing Co. — Samurai Rice Ale
- Silver: Nano 108 Brewing Co. — American Wheat with Mosaic Hops
- Bronze: Colrado Mountain Brewery — Unibrau Hefe
- Gold: Blue Spruce Brewing Co. — Millenial Marmot Brown Ale
- Silver: Something Brewery — Maximum Effort Pale Ale
- Bronze: Ska Brewing — Euphoria Pale Ale
- Gold: Odell Brewing Co. — Jolly Russian
- Silver: Red Leg Brewing Co. — Devil Dog Stout
- Bronze: Colorado Plus Brew Pub — Milk & Cookies
IPAs: English, American & Double
- Gold: Smiling Toad — IPA Freely
- Silver: 38 State Brewing Co. — 38 State IPA
- Bronze: Great Divide Brewing Co. — Heyday Modern IPA
- Gold: Oskar Blues Brewery — G’Knight Imperial Red IPA
- Silver: Smiling Toad Brewery — Commando Queen
- Bronze: Colorado Boy — Rypl
- Honorable Mention: River North Brewery — River North Mountain Haze
Belgian & French Beers
- Gold: Durango Brewing Co. — Derail Ale
- Silver: River North Brewery — River North White
- Bronze: Chain Reaction Brewing Co. — Pink Peppercorn Saison
European Sour / American Wild Ales
- Gold: Fossil Craft Beer Co. — Chardon-Yea!
- Silver: Storybook Brewing Co. — Pinky the Raspberry Gose
- Bronze: Local Relic — Chile Wheat Sour
- Honorable Mention: Fossil Craft Beer Co. — Like Like
- Gold: Verboten Brewing Co. — Roll In Ze Watermelons
- Silver: None awarded
- Bronze: Colorado Mountain Brewery — Cinnamon Apple Saison
Smoke & Wood-Aged Beers
- Gold: River North Brewery — Barrel Aged Nightmare Fuel
- Silver: Elevation Beer Co. — False Summit
- Bronze: Halfpenny Brewing Co. — Smokey the Bear
- Gold: Something Brewery — Paranormal Pucker
- Silver: None awarded
- Bronze: None awarded
- Gold: Launch Pad Brewery — Pumpkin Paddy
- Silver: Peaks N Pines Brewery — Ohana Nut Ale
- Bronze: Soulcraft Brewing Co. — Green Chile Ale
- Honorable Mention: Pikes Peak Brewing Co. — Hot Shot
Changes are in the works for ACBF in 2019. Gone will be the large November event. With the proliferation of beer festivals over the past five years or so, our attendance has softened, and without a growing attendance, we cannot meet the primary goal of the event:...
2017 All Colorado Beer Festival tickets are now on sale! BUY TICKETS NOW! This is our 11th anniversary,that's the 11th festival on the 11th day of the 11th month! We expect at least 70 Colorado brewers to participate. The location will is new this year: Norris Penrose...
This year the ACBF celebrates its 10th anniversary. To date we have given away over $315,000 to our beneficiaries. Each year, in addition to raising a lot of money for our beneficiaries and pouring a lot of beer for our 3,200 guests, the ACBF presents its Champion...
Fifteen categories were judged and the winner are announced. Download the winner...
Anyone who drinks beer in Colorado Springs and hankers for a special beer from somewhere in the US or around the world knows that they should stop in at Coaltrain Wine & Liquor and Austin Sherwood will be able to find it or get it. But, did you know that Coaltrain...