Wednesday, November 20th marked the kickoff of the 30th annual Empty Stocking Fund. Last year the program raised over $1 million for 15 local social service charities. The All Colorado Beer Festival was once again a featured community partner at the event. With the help of all our guests, brewers, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers, we were able to increase our contribution this year to $15,000. In addition, the ESF volunteers raised almost $1,000 at their beer pong booth.
The All Colorado Beer Festival thanks our 2013 festival brewers, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, and especially all of you who purchased tickets to the festival. Through your support, we will donate over $55,000 to local nonprofit organizations.
Our first check presentation will be at the Empty Stocking Fund kickoff on Wednesday, November 20th. The THEATREWORKS check presentation will be on Friday, December 6th before the performance of It’s a Wonderful Life. The Home Front Care will receive a check on Wednesday, December 18th at their monthly board meeting. We want each of you to share these events with us because without you they would not be possible. We will post photos of each presentation.
If you answer yes to any of these, we recommend heading up to the Chef n Brew Festival on November 14th from 7:00-10:00 PM. The event won the Reader’s Choice for Best New Festival in Westword last year. This year the venue is bigger and food and beer list is super. I went to the festival last year, and it was impressive (if a bit overly crowded).
Visit the Chef n Brew website for more details and to purchase tickets.
Just to whet your appetite, here is the list of brewers and chefs that will be featured:
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project with Jay Leandro - Pub 17
- Funkwerks with Elise Wiggins – Panzano
- Caution: Brewing Company with Jensen Cummings – Slotted Spoon Meatball Eatery
- TRiNiTY Brewing with Jorel Pierce – Euclid Hall Bar and Kitchen
- Breckenridge Brewery with Chris Cina – Breckenridge
- Prost Brewing Company with Sean McGaughey – Opus Fine Dining & Aria Wine Bar
- Strange Brewing Company with Doug Mace – CY Steak
- Wynkoop Brewing Company with Darren Pusateri – Gallo di Nero
- River North Brewery with Joe Troupe – Lucky Pie
- Wit’s End Brewing Company with Rachel Kesley – WaterCourse Foods
- Elevation Beer Company with Mike Peshek – Lou’s Food Bar
- Wasatch Brew Pub and Squatters Beers with Robin Bar-On – Udi’s
- Dry Dock Brewing with Alex White – Jonesy’s Eat Bar
- Epic Brewing Company with Tom Coohill – Coohills
- City Star Brewing with Brandon Muncy – The Lobby
- TRVE Brewing with John Broening – Le Grand
- Denver Beer Company with John Little – Harman’s Eat & Drink
- Renegade Brewing Company with Tim Hefty – Renegade Publik House
Save the date! The 2014 All Colorado Beer Festival will take place on November 1, 2014.
Tickets for the 2014 All Colorado Beer Festival to go on sale September 1, 2014! We expect to sell out next year before the doors open. That means no tickets for sale at the door!!
Stay tuned to the All Colorado Beer Festival site for the latest on brewer recruiting, special pre-sale offers, and more!
Travis Flett from New Belgium pulled the winning door prize ticket from almost 240 entries this morning at the Freedom Financial Services Expo Center. Travis will be contacting the lucky winner, Greg C., in the next day or two and will personally deliver the Fat Tire cruiser. Congratulations Greg!
Additional door prize winners are:
- Bryan F. – 2 tickets to the VIP Zone at the 2014 ACBF
- Topher – 2 early entry tickets for the 2014 ACBF
- Steve E. - 2 early entry tickets for the 2014 ACBF
- Jeff M. – 2 general admission tickets for the 2014 ACBF
- Tim W. – 2 general admission tickets for the 2014 ACBF
- Nicola L. – 2 general admission tickets for the 2014 ACBF
- John J. – 2 general admission tickets for the 2014 ACBF
ACBF staff will be in touch with each of our ticket winners over the next few days to confirm names and email addresses for delivery of you tickets to next year’s ACBF on November 1, 2014.